Harbor Kids: FAQs
Where is Harbor Kids?
Harbor Kids is located inside the church building, to the left auditorium doors. Look for the door with “Harbor Kids” above it in big block letters!
When should I drop my kids off? When Should I pick them up?
Check-in begins 15 minutes prior to each service. Please pick your child up promptly after the end of the service!
What ages are allowed in Harbor Kids?
Harbor Kids is offered for children ages 6 weeks through 4th grade.
What should I do if I’m new?
- First of all, welcome! We’re always excited to welcome new families, and we promise you’re not the only one. The first time you check your children into Harbor Kids, a team member from our crew will walk you through the registration and check in process — the whole thing will take less than 5 minutes!
What safety checks are in place at Harbor Kids?
- Every Harbor Kids leader and volunteer is CORI-checked prior to serving. We also have a security volunteer at the door to ensure only authorized volunteers and parents are allowed inside the Harbor Kids area.
- Children and parents are given code-matched ID stickers. Children will only be released to parents with a matching code.
- We make sure to keep a clean and sanitary environment which includes cleaning surfaces and toys before, during, and after services. Masks are optional.
When is Harbor Kids open?
- Harbor Kids is open during all five of our services – Thursdays at 5:30 & 7pm and Sundays at 8, 9:30, & 11am!
What should I do if my child is sick?
If your child has any of the following symptoms, we ask that you don’t check them into Harbor Kids until they have been symptom-free for 24 hours:
- Temperature of 99 degrees or higher
- Diarrhea / Vomiting
- Pink Eye
- Strep Throat or other contagious infection requiring antibiotics (may return 24 hours after starting antibiotics)
My child has a food allergy, what should I do?
- Please let the check-in attendant know about your child’s food allergy. We have a variety of snack alternatives available for children with allergies, however you may also provide your own small snack in a ziplock bag.
What if my child needs me during service?
- If your child needs your attention, we will contact you via text message. Please have your phone on vibrate , and make sure it is accessible during the service. We also ask that you sit towards the back of the auditorium, so that you can exit quickly if you are needed.
Are the classrooms separated by age?
- We have four classes split up based on age and grade level.
- Nursery: 6 weeks-3 years (Note: the room is divided by a gate that allows smaller children to stay safe while the more active children play!
- Pre-school & Kindergarten
- 1st & 2nd Grade
- 3rd & 4th Grade
Children will graduate to new classrooms in the Fall leading up to the new school year.
What do you do about dirty diapers or bathroom breaks?
- We do not change diapers for safety & sanitary purposes, if your child needs to be changed urgently we will contact you.
- Harbor Kids has a dedicated single-stall bathroom. Teachers will not accompany children into the bathroom, so we recommend a bathroom break before service for any children who are unable to use the bathroom by themselves.