Alpha House is a ministry of the Bomar Street house church of Harbor. It is an intentional Christian residential program for those in recovery. We seek to teach residents how to think, act, and live like Jesus. Josh and Aimee Wood pastor/lead this community.
Through Alpha House, we provide structure and accountability that helps residents become successful followers of Jesus. The longer residents live at Alpha House, the more freedom they are given. We foster a family environment where healthy relationship skills are modeled, taught and practiced. We believe that life transformation is most effective in an environment of grace and truth.
To be considered for residency at Alpha House a person must:
· Be sober for 30 days prior to moving in (must pass a drug test).
· Complete a psychosocial evaluation.
· Sign a written covenant of commitment with Alpha House for a minimum of six months.
· Be able to acquire and maintain employment that allows participation in all required meetings.
Residents at Alpha House are expected to:
· Participate in a morning prayer and study time – 60 minutes before work or school.
· Maintain a full-time job or attend college/trade school plus 20 hours per week of work.
· Attend an AA meeting daily.
· Participate fully in the meetings of Harbor Church - house church, corporate prayer and discipleship.
· Meet regularly with a mentor.